Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chatbox +musicHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For all the LOST fanatics

Go down 
+4
laughing turd
ThePipila
NBK superbadchic
pigglesworth
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

For all the LOST fanatics Empty
PostSubject: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Ok, I'm gonna post ahead of the last episodes what I think is going to happen. If you don't want to have a spoiled view of the show maybe skip this one. I correctly predicted before this last season that the show would end with everyone back on the plane as if nothing had ever happened. Well, so far that is 90% accurate because the "flash off the island" segments are showing the people's lives as if they never went to the island. So here is my prediction for the end of the story.....

Death and people getting offed is a big theme of LOST. Jacob seemed to have no problem letting someone kill him and does not seemed worried that he is dead. I am thinking that as each person dies they are placed back off the island somewhere in their life and allowed to continue on.. almost as if living off of the island was the afterlife, and being on the island was real life. I think Jacob's master plan is to trap the smoke monster on the island for all eternity. He seems to need people for some reason, and I think that if he were alone he could not leave the island.

Jacob has said that Jack still needs to do something, and I think that Jack will be the final decision maker at the end of the story. What I think will ultimatly happen is that everyone will be dead except Jack and the smoke monster. Jack will have to kill himself and that will leave the smoke monster alone trapped on the island for all eternity.
Back to top Go down
NBK superbadchic

NBK superbadchic

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:56 pm

omgoodness, i started watching lost from the beginning...im in the 4th season. i love it...sayid is my favorite, but i heard he "turns evil"
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 pm

well it would appear he turns evil. since lost changes stuff on you all the time we really won't know till the final episode.

sbc do yourself a huge favor and don't watch the last episode if you are going through the seasons. finish all the shows in order to the end. trust me it will pay off Very Happy

or binge on dvds and catch up. i think you have roughly one month to do it Wink

welcome to the lost obsession Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThePipila

ThePipila

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I just have to say that hurley is the maaaan!!

"Trust me Jack " Cool
Back to top Go down
NBK superbadchic

NBK superbadchic

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 am

lol thanks for the welcome. and i have been binging...ive watched, what?, 5 years of lost in about 2 weeks...yeah... Shocked
Back to top Go down
laughing turd

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Hey Pip...Hurley sucks dude! No offense but if the dude is stuck on an island for that long and can't lose an ounce I think its fair to say that he must have sneaked 2 years worth of his own chicken onto that plane and not shared. All those other people were sticks and Hurley was still fatter than Colonel Sanders himself.

Thats a whole bunch of crap if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 pm

coconuts are high in fat content.. i'm just saying...
Back to top Go down
NBK superbadchic

NBK superbadchic

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 pm

i dont care that hes obese, i dont think hes a very good actor for some reason...theres just something about him i dont like. i like sayid mostly bc hes hott Cool
Back to top Go down
mexican4life

mexican4life

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Did someone say LOST?! Just ask Turd i'm the biggest LOST fan here.
Back to top Go down
laughing turd

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:31 pm

mexican4life wrote:
Did someone say LOST?! Just ask Turd i'm the biggest LOST fan here.

Mex is a Lost fanatic. But he likes Kate...I HATE KATE!!!!!!! Especially when I found out her middle name is Anne! RAAAAAAWR!!!!!!

I like the other one. The one that had the baby and went crazy. The Australian girl. Man, she is nice on the eyes. I love you

Mex, I don't know that I'll be able to sit through the entire last showing. 5 hours you said? Thats too long! Sad Plus I might be in Oklahoma then...with them college chics (hello). Hahahaha! Nah, could you imagine? Id be like, "so, hi! You play Nintendo?"
Back to top Go down
RATPATROL

RATPATROL

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:25 pm

lol! LT, "Id be like, "so, hi! You play Nintendo?""

I have see all the LOST shows and we don't miss it. I hated Tuesday night, it was total recap night again... I need my LOST fix...

I still say this has a biblical theme to it.

Jocob chose his disciples (The ones from the plane)
Jacob sacrificed himself
It seems that Jacob will return and yet he has made a way to lead those whom he left behind

Locke has a lot of power but he also has limitations. He was told by Jacob he couldn't kill them (The ones from the plane)
Locke seems to want to be off the island, maybe this is so he can have full reign over the earth and bring about total distruction.
Locke has his followers, they serve him and kill for him and are following his false promises.

Maybe the island is where man first fell from Grace, Eden, and now this is where the final battle takes place as Armageddon.

This is probably all wrong but it doesn have some overtones of biblical themes...
Back to top Go down
RATPATROL

RATPATROL

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:40 am

I cleaned up some of our random posts from this topic, hope ya'll don't mind, because we are getting down to the last show this Sunday...

So, what do you think is in that hole? The holy grail??? Is this like an Indiana Jones deal where you have someone to protect the Holy Grail???

Also thought about this being the garden of eden.

Talk amungst yourselves... Discuss....
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:48 pm

I will have to go find it to get the date, but way back when i first started watching (season 3) i posted on a website called the fueselage that I thought the island was the focal point from where all life springs from. kinda like the garden of eden, or what evolutionists would consider as the place where life began.

there are so many refeerences to things in culture that are placed on the island like the city of atlantis, eden, etc.

at the end of last weeks episode the promo for sunday night was narrated by an old woman. there were constantly sparks going across the screen like it was from a fire. i told my wife it almost sounded as if the story was being told as an old folk tale by an old woman as if we were part of a tribe or something.

i'm done theroizing at this point, so that i don't ruin the last episode. it is what it will be, and i'm stoked to get to see it. my friends and family are going to have a huge lost party on that night.
Back to top Go down
Mums

Mums

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah, I don't think I can guess anymore. But I am excited for the finale. We are having a party too. Pulled pork, grilled pineapple and other "island" food:)

to bad we can't watch it together!
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:24 am

aww man that would have been a cool idea mum. have a skype channel going and pipe it into the room so we can all interact... dang the good ideas come late Sad

maybe we can have a skype call the week after and talk nothing but lost Wink
Back to top Go down
RATPATROL

RATPATROL

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:39 am

Well, what did you think about the ending of LOST????

I was left disappointed and thought that they could have filled in the gaps a lot better than the way they did.
I enjoyed the 4 1/2 hrs of recap and finale show but I kept finding myself waiting for them to show the "ah ha" moment that would really tie all these things up together...
For me, that never really came... I understand where they went with this but was disappointed.

Lastly, did you guys see when Jack was in the church with his dad? Did you notice the stain glass window behind them?
It showed several religious symbols on it as it was making the statement that all religions lead to this end.

So what did you guys think???
Back to top Go down
Mums

Mums

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

I saw that all roads lead to the same place, too.

I was disappointed. It was like the moral of the whole story was, we all die and get to be together so it doesn't matter.

I loved the recap though. Made me remember the great things about LOST, many, many, many, great scenes in that show. It was pretty anti climatic for me.
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:08 pm

wow guys. the group i was with was mixed. some loved it all the way to some hated it.

when they walked into the church that was definitly the first thing i noticed was the abundant symbols on the stain glass. to be honest with you, if i was unsaved and was making a show about faith i would have done the same thing. the "all paths lead to heaven" theme has been with us for a really long time, so even though for my own personal beliefs i find conflict, I didn't expect some great Christian ending.

that being said, I absolutly loved the ending and hated it. as far as all the lore of the island (what is the dharma group? where did the woman that took care of jacob and the man in black come from, why all the egyiptian stuff?) it all fell flat. Absolutly no answers and that is frustrating because the majority of the show leaned on it.

I loved the fact that this is the only story i have seen where EVERY character's story arc is finalized. even the ones we don't see we understand what happens to them. they all die. and that is ok. death is a part of life. even though it was a departure from what i believe to be life after death, it was nice to see each character find closure to the flaws they lived with.

I could type for quite a bit more about this, but a verbal conversation would do it better justice. I think as Christians sometimes we need to not hold the world to such a high standard. After all the only thing that seperates us from them is Jesus. And remember, it is Jesus that gives us the strength to do what we do.
Back to top Go down
Mums

Mums

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:32 am

Yeah, I guess I dont expect Hollywood to put out Christian beliefs. It was just the message was very noticeable.

I feel like the ending lacked the WOW factor that LOST was so noted for. I rewatched it tonight. They did do a really good job with the scene in the church and all the characters back together.

I will miss this show.
Back to top Go down
RATPATROL

RATPATROL

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:04 am

After some historical distance with watching the end of the show,,,, I now think it was a very poor ending of such a good show.

So many great cliffhangers were presented during the show: women who can't give birth to live babies, where did Jacob's people come from, who were the people in the temple and what was that about, the stupid polar bear, what's the real power of the island, the "others" what up with them, on and on and on......

Sorry ending....
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:18 pm

the polar bear came from the dharma initiative. that is the cages that kate and sawyer were locked in. they were experiments for dharma.

the others were two groups.... the others that took over the dharma camp ground after dharma was exterminated, and the people that lived at the temple.

they are supposed to tie up a ton of loose ends in august when the last season dvd comes out so i'll wait and see, but as for all of that stuff i am very disappointed. they should have made one more season just to answer some of those issues.

I thought it might be cool if they did a spin off for tv, or a game where you watched everything from hugo and ben's perspective about the island and got to learn all of the secrets. that would be cool.

here is a funny vid one of my friends found. just a few of the loose ends not answered Wink

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
Back to top Go down
Mums

Mums

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:35 am

That is hilarious!
Back to top Go down
RATPATROL

RATPATROL

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:22 am

I love at the end of that rant the guys says,, You wanna get into V... lol!
Back to top Go down
pigglesworth
Admin
pigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:18 pm

now that the whole story is over i am going to work on a project i have thought about for some time.

i will be re-editing the entire lost series in order of events instead of flashbacks. i am curious to see how the story will look from this perspective. i have been spending the past two weeks downloading the video and converting it to a format that sony vegas will let me edit in.

once i get something worth watching i'll figure out a way to post it. stay tuned Smile

anyone got a good name for the series? i was thinking about calling it "found" but that might be to cheesy.
Back to top Go down
SgtJayson

SgtJayson

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:21 pm

and this week on lost "guys this isnt funny anymore, where are you?" *wonders around*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For all the LOST fanatics   For all the LOST fanatics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For all the LOST fanatics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Comms :: Public Chat-
Jump to: